Thursday, August 20, 2009

Accident!!!

I met with an accident today.
A small girl, around 8 years in age, came infront of my bike. I was driving at around 40-50 km/hr and inspite of applying the disc brakes, could not prevent the accident. My bike hit her and she rolled on the ground almost thrice. The girl got up at once and started crying. I immediately realised she needed a doctor and got down from the bike. I picked up in my arms but she told me to put her down. As soon as I did that, she started limping towards her slum dwellings. Guided by her neighbours, I somehow followed her to her house. She was bleeding from a wound on her elbow, and had a visible wound on her ab. I explained the situation to her parents and admitted my mistake, requesting them to kindly allow me to take her to the hospital. Although the on-lookers and her neighbours opined that she was at fault and blah blah, I knew, I was at fault. Finally I rode her to a nearby clinic, accompanied by her brother around 14 years in age. Although the setting of the clinic was in a village, yet the doctor had the warmth to welcome both me and the child. He inspected her from head to toe, dressed her wounds, gave her medics and injection, and told me, she is perfectly normal. Hearing this atleast three times from him, I got out of the clinic and bought biscuits, chips and toffees. I rode them back to their temporary canvas tent and handed over the medics to her mother. She quietly slipped into her mother's lap and gave a sigh of relief. I decided to stay there for some time, and offered my apologies to her family. They were landless laborers from MP, and the conditions in which they were camping, almost started choking me. They expressed gratitude for my help, and assured me of the child's condition as normal.
I had only thanks to offer to them, wishes for Pinki, the child, and gratitude towards the almighty, who always tries to prove to me the meaning of the term faith and belief.
But the guilt will stay, I could have injured that child.
When I think of the condition of her family, and her neighbours, the clouds of despair surround me.
Yet, the ray of hope shines through, and one of my friend says:
"Just touch someone's life, be a humble human, and do all thats in your control"
Hope saved me today, and hopefully, I will always be it's favorite son.

8 comments:

JAGADISH SOMAN said...

good work dude...i appreciate it..

Unknown said...

stay the pathik u r
...always...even though i crib sumtimes u r too animated or sometimes too emotional..its cauz i cannot be those i crib..i seriously envy u for this humbleness...hats off dude...be the same 'different' person u r...

mojoking said...

very touching indeed.

1) i am surprised how you were not bashed up. seriously.

2) good thing to get the poor girl proper medical.

3) the pathik from manit is not there in this story. he would have given the girl a book or some thing to help her do it than just food.

4) drive safe.

5) hats off man!! keep it up. tomorrows leaders need to have compassion.

Akshay Dhar said...

Gud work Dude.

Unknown said...

Pathik-"Paradigm of altruism".
Good job yaar....
Well,I don't think its ur mistake yaar,45-50kmph is optimum speed.one can't drive slower than this...Eventhough be somewhat more careful..what else..tc.


oye gaddi naal to kuch nahi hua na?

So what if i am boring!! said...

You had an experience..which many people describe amazingly in their writings sitting in an ac room.
You actually felt it.:)

Drive safely and remain your crazy self

mirroringamind said...

As i always say "Those words ve come frm deep down ur heart". I really appreciate the kid's parents as there r only few people these days who do not try to shift the blame on somebody's head. T also appreciate the fact that in today's time when ppl ve nothin to think bout but themselves, you had enough courage to selflessly help. I guess that s part of who u r n tht s wht distinguishes u frm other. hats off to u man!!!!

mirroringamind said...
This comment has been removed by the author.